Travel Medicine Clinic
Student Health Services provides pre-travel consultation services to
- Individual students, personal travel
- Study Abroad Programs
- Student led groups and accompanying faculty members traveling abroad
- Faculty led student groups traveling out of the country
- Group travel non affiliated with the College of Charleston
- Group leaders will arrange sessions for Student Health Services staff to attend
Typical services provided include:
- Pre-travel medical information presentations to groups on-campus
- All appropriate vaccines (based on CDC Guidelines) for the area(s) of planned travel
- Prescriptions for medications as indicated, including
- Traveler’s Diarrhea
- Acute Mountain Sickness Prevention
- Motion Sickness Prevention
- Insect precautions and insect repellent recommendations
- Water and food precautions
- Current outbreaks and health and safety concerns for areas of travel
- Maps of Malaria and Yellow Fever areas, if appropriate
- Individual consultation as needed
Before your travel appointment can be schedule here is what you need to do:
Step One is to please fill out this travel questionnaire and email it to email@example.com
Step Two is to please double check that your immunizations are up to date and on file with Student Health Services.
If you don't know, please call Student Health Services and your Personsal Health Care Physician.
Step Three - Student Health Services will contact you to schedule an appointment
Travel medicine consultation services will be provided by SHS nurse practitioners and physicians (MD/NP). Immunizations required for foreign travel are administered at SHS by registered nurses and stored per manufacturers’ instructions. There will be fees charged for these immunizations.
Travel Related Vaccinations
Immunization Fee Schedule
Student Health Services also works closely with the Center for International Education
to schedule sessions with groups. Individuals traveling independently are encouraged
to schedule a travel consultation visit at least 2 months prior to travel.
Some students and faculty may opt to receive travel services from an outside provider.
The travel consultation services offered are completely optional.
For questions or concerns please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.