Travel Medicine Clinic
Pre-travel consultation services for:
- Individual students, personal travel
- Study Abroad Programs
- Student led groups and accompanying faculty members traveling abroad
- Faculty led student groups traveling out of the country
- Group travel non affiliated with the College of Charleston
- Group leaders will arrange sessions for Student Health Services staff to attend
Typical services provided include:
- Pre-travel medical information presentations to groups on-campus
- All appropriate vaccines (based on CDC Guidelines) for the area(s) of planned travel
- Prescriptions for medications as indicated, including
- Traveler’s Diarrhea
- Acute Mountain Sickness Prevention
- Motion Sickness Prevention
- Insect precautions and insect repellent recommendations
- Water and food precautions
- Current outbreaks and health and safety concerns for areas of travel
- Maps of Malaria and Yellow Fever areas, if appropriate
- Individual consultation as needed
Before your travel appointment can be scheduled, complete the following steps:
- Complete the Pre-Travel Questionnaire and the Pre-Travel Questionnaire-Part 2.
- Ensure your immunizations are up-to-date and on file with Student Health Services. If you are unsure about immunization status, please contact Student Health Services or your Primary Care Provider.
- Call SHS at 843.953.5520 to schedule a travel consultation. Any form requiring a physician or NP signature will need an appointment where you are seen by a provider. You will not be able to schedule consultation or appointment if Student Health Services does not have your pre-travel questionnaire or immunization record.
Travel medicine consultation services will be provided by SHS nurse practitioners and physicians (MD/NP).
Vaccinations needed for travel
- Immunizations required for foreign travel are administered at SHS by registered nurses and stored per manufacturers’ instructions.
- There will be fees charged for these immunizations.
- Travel Related Vaccinations
- Immunization Fee List / Receipt
Student Health Services also works closely with the Center for International Education to schedule sessions with groups. Individuals traveling independently are encouraged to schedule a travel consultation visit at least 2 months prior to travel.
Some students and faculty may opt to receive travel services from an outside provider. The travel consultation services offered are completely optional. For questions or concerns, e-mail email@example.com.