Affordable Health Care Act
How the Affordable Care Act impacts College of Charleston students.
- The Affordable Care Act also requires that insurance companies cover children under their parents' insurance until the age of 26.
- Students who do not have adequate health insurance or students who wish to shop for more affordable coverage may apply for health insurance through the Marketplace.
- Rates are based on the student's own income
- The website is www.healthcare.gov
- A toll-free number can also be used to enroll 1.800.318.2596 daily 24/7
- Enrollment can be done in a number of ways – online, by phone, by paper application or with an application assistant